Monday, October 27, 2008

Third Times a Charm!


















Whew! Life is funny. I wanted to take a moment and bring everyone up to speed. Almost exactly one year ago I was having headaches, pretty funny how that could occur again one year later. Anyway, over this month I was starting to have some things occur that were new to my current health. We all get headaches through our regular busy lives it was hard to beleive that it was happening again. I have also had amazing sinus problems over my life so that must be the challenge for me, not my brain cancer. Now forward to the night before the trip to Florida, I started having dizziness and loss of balance which kind of concerned me but hey, I'm traveling over the US, that must be my anxiety creator. Well my sinus problems increased over the amazing family moments and on Monday, two days into our vacation, I spend the day with the Emergency Room Staff due to my incredible head pain. While they were awsome individuals, all of us know that they are unbelievable for immediate action and decisions for patients, exactly opposite of brain cancer which was myself. The project ended with some exceptional communication between my current doctors and the staff in Florida to determine that another look should be done immediately. So as soon as we returned it as back to the City of Hope. I spoke at length today with my neurosurgeon who I really respect and the decision to do another surgery is the best answer. Having another surgery in a similar location could have a few more challenges for me, but I really believe that this is God's plan. While I don't know my future, all I know how to do is to work to overcome challenges. I know that Hallie will post an update for everyone as my surgery is scheduled for very early on Wednesday morning. The neurosurgeon believes that this second attempt it will take about seven hours to due because it is a more intense procedure.


Lastly after spending a day at the hospital (in Florida) and then being overwhelmed by all this new stress and unknowns we went to another Disney park to have some great family time and while standing in the park a plane posted these words. "God Loves U". There I was standing crying in the park. How stupid I felt to cry. What are the odds that after all my issues, challenges and stresses that someone I will never know or even be able to thank posted something so important. Well I just wanted to share with everyone a thanks for taking care of me and my family. Also a great thanks to all that have taken a moment and asked God to help me. You never know what you are going to accomplish in life and who you might affect, but to have people that you have never met asking God to give me and my family help is just something I can't even describe.
Specific surgery information:
City of Hope (Duarte, CA)
Wednesday, 29th- 6am or so
6 hour surgery or so
2-5 days in hospital based on Eric and his recovery
Thanks again to everyone and God Bless you all.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We all love ya Eric & We are all prayin for a speedy recovery. Gods Speed! The Weaver's

Anonymous said...

Eric - My name is Judy and I work with your Aunt Carol. And I am a brian cancer survivor. This is another "test" for your great "testimony". Stay focused on God and He will bring you and yours endless peace. He is in the miracle business. I know - He's blessed me with many before, during and after. And based on what I've read on your blog, you are a true example of His great work!

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie and Hunter,

The Pina Family is sending our thoughts and prayers. We know you will rely on your faith to face one more challenge. Take care and remember we are always here for you.

Sincerely,
The Pina Family

Anonymous said...

Eric, please know you and your family are in our prayers. Please let us or anyone know if you or your family need anything.

Bill Aviles and family

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude, I continue to pray for you every day. Please tell Hallie to remember that that the Gooch family is only 3 minutes away if you guys need anything. I look forward to our next Wahoos lunch.

Romans 8:28.

Todd Gooch

Anonymous said...

Eric and Hallie - We think of you often from up here in the great wet north and are pulling for you with all of our hearts and prayers. Good luck and speedy recovery in this latest challenge and come up and visit us if you can sometime in the future when you have beaten this thing!

Mike and Juli Seldon

Anonymous said...

Eric, you and Hallie are in my thoughts everyday. I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Jessica Post

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and my prayers - your positive attitude is an inspiration to all of us. You know I will help with Hunter in any way possible - just let me know.

Steve Jeremiah said...

So amazing as the Spirit shines on us and illuminates the good and great in people. You and Hallie allow a view of how strong we can be with faith and love in our lives. Your Pics at D-World brought a tear and a smile as my heart grew full. Wish I coulda' been with you to see it in person but the pics are great! Oh, me and Vic are only 5 minutes away if you need or want anything.

Hugs and prayers,

Steve and Family

Anonymous said...

I'm here for whatever you need--anything more than prayers, those have already been delivered --
Luanne