Wednesday, July 2, 2008

God's Gifts

Happy early 4th, please be safe and enjoy the family and friends.

Well Eric had his MRI on Monday this one was going to give us the information that was lacking from the last MRI. Well that would be to easy. After waiting 2 hours to see the Dr. so that he could read the MRI all he was able to say was the the shadow was about 1 millimeter bigger and he was not convinced that it was a tumor. He thought maybe it was cells that were still dying from the radiation. He said that surgery was not something he thought was needed yet and he wants Eric to return in Aug for another MRI (the super duper MRI) and see if there is any changes. With a BIG sigh of relief we hurried out of the office, I did not want him to change his mind. So we take a month and enjoy our summer.

I saw a movie today, Kung Fu Panda, and one of the characters said " yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift". As I was watching this movie I realized that I have not been living my life by those words. I thought it was so profound, today is a gift and I need to live each day as if they are a gift from God. This last week has been difficult and I have spend a bit to much time thinking about the future. You know it is always funny when you need to hear something God has a funny way of getting the message to you. This week at church he also gave me a message, it was like the sermon was just for me. I guess he knows that I am having trouble with this whole situation.

Eric wanted me to write today so that I could have the opportunity to vent and maybe to help me get though this difficult time I seem to be having. Eric has such a great attitude and he amazes me everyday. I am so thankful to be married to a man who is as strong and wise as he is during this time. After writing today I will take the message from church and the message from the movie and know that God has a plan and that today is a gift and tomorrow is a mystery.

I hope everyone else can also live today and each day to the fullest as it is a gift from God.

Hallie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric! I spoke to you recently when you came in to Ben Bridge. I was the speechless young lady when you jokingly spoke of your brain tumor. I have to admit you caught me off guard, but my real amazement came from the way you have embraced your illness like a mission from God. I too believe God chooses people to help him with his message of love. I must tell you that you have been on my mind since we met. I even spoke of you to my manager, Jan, and suggested she visit your blog. Jan is going through a difficult time right now. Ironically, her sister is in the early diagnosis stages of brain cancer. More tests are being ran, but her health is deteriorating, and things don't look good. When you told me of your illness in the store, I knew that there was a reason God had brought us to meet. It does not need to be profound, or life changing, or even miraculous, for that matter. I think it is so that I can share your story with someone who might need the encouragement. So, thank you again for sharing your blog with me and I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Karla

Anonymous said...

Hi Hallie/Eric. Excellent words of encouragement. Well written. You both are very strong and wise. Come on over for a swim!....Greg, Evelyn, M&M.

Anonymous said...

Hallie, Eric and Hunter,

Once again thank you for sharing so honestly about your thoughts and feelings. To those of us that can only attempt to understand what you are all going through, we admire your faith and honesty. Through your sharing you inspire us all to be better people and take time to enjoy what is truly important in our lives. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and know that God will carry through this. Enjoy your month off treatment and keep sharing with us. Trina Pina

Anonymous said...

Hey brother... good talking to you yesterday. You sound great, and as I said once you get back we need to get together to let the youngin's play, and share some of those hysterical laughs that only you and I can share. Tell H hello, and give her a hug. cant wait to see you soon.

SKIPPY

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric - Great seeing you last night. Lookin' good, dude! Will look into that thing we talked about and get back to you. Keep up the terrific attitude. You're thinking POSITIVE and it shows. If the chance comes to speak publicly, do it. Share your story so that others may become encouraged. Check out the lyrics to Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop". Maybe your theme song?

-Rob

Anonymous said...

Hey Hallie! Very wise words from you! I am glad that you are listening to God, and open to what he is encouraging you with. Bless you!
Hugs and love,
Sue